From homemade inventions to handmade creations, we all have gifts to share. Our new calendar will explore and celebrate our modern makers!
In times of uncertainty, we look for hope and joy in the world around us; we try to practice gratitude and, oftentimes, we seek solace in the arts. A child’s drawing can bring a smile to your face and lighten your mood. A woodworker’s carving might inspire us with its attention to detail and delight us as new life is lifted from a discarded piece of wood. The work of a weaver, with its creative selection of colour and thoughtful choice of material, is crafted with care so that we can wrap ourselves in a blanket made with love. We’d like to showcase how the gifts shared by our modern makers can inspire and offer comfort during challenging times.
Our 2021 calendar will feature pictures that capture the spirit of your craft. You can submit photos of your finished pieces, but we’re just as interested in seeing a work in progress, images of you or your child lost in the creative moment, or moody shots of your workshop littered with supplies.
- Each of the winning entries will receive a $100 cash prize.
- Plus, we’ll make one $500 donation to a Kindred partner organization that supports makers using their talents for good.
- All selected entrants will receive photo credit in the calendar and references on kindredcu.com and social media.
How to enter
All members, whether adults or kids, artisans or hobbyists, are invited to enter our 2021 calendar contest. The contest is open to all Kindred members, including organizations, our staff and their family members.
All you need to do is submit a photo along with a short description about your work, and tell us how your activity is spreading hope and joy.
- Digital photographs only (no prints, slides, or negatives)
- Landscape orientation (for instance, 8½ inches high by 11 inches wide)
- File resolution must be a minimum of 300 dpi
- Minimum file size is 3300 x 2550 pixels
- JPEG file format
Email your photos to email@example.com. Each member may submit up to two entries. Please use your first and last name in the file name of the photos submitted and include the following information in the body of your email: Full name, Address, Telephone, Home branch, Brief description about your work, and tell us how your activity inspires hope and joy. (approximately 100 words).
Entries will be accepted until August 31, 2020.